The goal is to supply simple and cheap tidal and wave
power generators that can meet the immediate needs faced by the ensuing energy
crisis. Again, it is not only for generating electricity but also for generating jobs, especially in rural communities. By using an extremely simple design the vast amounts of energy stored
in the oceans can be turned into a renewable power source and a source of income.
Take a look at the project proposal so far. I'm starting this project in South Africa but if it works I want to spread it out as fast as possible. The sooner cheap, clean, energy is available the better.
So I have a good idea but I can only take it so far on my own. I need people to help me take it all the way.
What do I need:
- Mechanical engineer - I have a basic generator idea but I need an expert to review it and point out any pitfalls.
- Marine specialist - Since I want to deploy at sea I need to make sure I don't harm the environment
- Marketing - I'm starting the project in South Africa so any ideas to get more support for the project will be very helpful.
- Financing - I have some funds but not enough to make a dent in the problem we are facing. If you want to invest in the project that would be one big headache gone.
- Location - I am heading to the Durban coast to start to test the prototype but if you are anywhere along the South African coast and you want to offer a test site that would be very helpful.
- Teacher - Since we will be training rural communities to setup their own generators we would need someone skilled in working in this environment
- Electrician - There will be a lot of makeshift activities. Someone with an electrical background will need to be involved to make sure that the correct procedures are followed.
- Administrator - Someone with an eye for detail and procedures. Typically this would be someone with a legal background.